Civil War Sound Group UPDATE

This was a busy week for the group. We explored what type of map we wanted to use for the project and how we would get it. The group considered more carefully the connection between 19th century language and locating place and time at the Battle of Gettysburg.  We crafted a letter to the moderators and archivist of the database we are using to make it easier for us to navigate and organize the search results. Myrna, as the outreach coordinator has reached out to the Brooklyn Historical Society, Professor Ari Kelman of Battle Lines, and an expert with ArcGIS. She also looked into getting in touch with historians at Fort Wardsworth. Anastasiya began to seek out larger connections to other DH projects dealing with sound and listening. Other tasks included to continue to work on and complete the sound corpus for use in scraping the database and smoothing out larger outreach efforts, including building a website, clearing up issues with twitter and Github.

2 thoughts on “Civil War Sound Group UPDATE

1. Michelle A. McSweeney (Johnson)

Hi again Civil War Group,
    So my wife works at Fort Wadsworth, so I asked her who you should contact about this (because it’s notoriously difficult to navigate since there’s no visitor’s center). She asked around and found out who would be most qualified/interested to help with this. Please let me know if you would like to be put in contact and who would be the lead for this (Myrna?).
    Best,
    Michelle

1. Myrna Lillian Fuentes

Hi Michelle, I contacted Dan Meharg who is a Park Ranger and who was recommended to me by someone from the Brooklyn Historical Society. I just posted the information he provided us via email. Let’s see what David and Anastasiya say during class tomorrow. I will follow up with you. Thank you again for all your help and also to your wife.